What's Going On
Our Council in Action
- Fr. Michael Schiep, Chaplain
- Fr. John Hoang, Asst. Chaplain
- Mr. Larry Simmons, Grand Knight
- Mr. John Joly, Deputy Grand Knight
- Mr. Paul Gulbrandsen, Financial Secretary
- Mr. Vincent Alesi, Treasurer
- Mr. Marty Saia, Chancellor
- Mr. Raymond Makovic, Warden
- Mr. Carmine Maida, Advocate
- Mr. James Thompson, Recorder
- Mr. Stephen Balazic, Inside Guard
- Mr. Stephen Platt, Outside Guard
- Mr. Samuel Bastianelli, Trustee - 3 Year
- Mr. Christopher Treston, Trustee - 2 Year
- Mr. Robert Hellner, Trustee - 1 Year
Calendar of Events
FAMILY OF THE YEAR
Dr. James and Rosemarie Coon of Lakewood Ranch were selected as the 2019 “Family of the Year” on Saturday evening by the 55,000-member Florida State Council of the Knights of Columbus at the State Convention held here. The couple was selected in recognition of their exceptional service to their community, their church and to the Knights of Columbus.
As Life Director for the Lakewood Ranch Knights Council, Jim schedules, plans and directs council activities in Special Olympics, March for Life, Cristian Refugee Relief, Mass for Special Needs, and Pregnancy Center Support.
The couple is heavily involved in the activities of Our Lady of Angels Church in Lakewood Ranch. They moved to area over five years ago, from New York and quickly became involved in the parish. They are personally involved in many of the church ministries, work retreats and support to the pastor’s priority projects. They are also Eucharistic Ministers.
Both were heavily involved in fundraising efforts by the Diocese of Venice to support a new mobile medical clinic a roving medical clinic, which will then be given to Community Pregnancy Clinics Inc. (CPCI), a life-affirming medical provider with four clinics in Naples, Fort Myers and Sarasota. This brings critical prenatal care to women of Southwest Florida who may not have access to such services.
Council Grand Knight Larry Simmons adds “Jim and Rosie are illustrative of the many families in Lakewood Ranch neighborhoods who give so much to their community with personal initiative, commitment and spirituality. We are so proud of their receiving this special statewide honor”
Jim and Rosemarie Coon exemplify the highest ideals of the Knights of Columbus life and service programs. They have given so much of their time, treasure, and talent.