What's Going On
Our Council in Action
- Fr. Michael Schiep, Chaplain
- Fr. John Hoang, Asst. Chaplain
- Mr. Larry Simmons, Grand Knight
- Mr. John Joly, Deputy Grand Knight
- Mr. Paul Gulbrandsen, Financial Secretary
- Mr. Vincent Alesi, Treasurer
- Mr. Marty Saia, Chancellor
- Mr. Raymond Makovic, Warden
- Mr. Carmine Maida, Advocate
- Mr. James Thompson, Recorder
- Mr. Stephen Balazic, Inside Guard
- Mr. Stephen Platt, Outside Guard
- Mr. Samuel Bastianelli, Trustee - 3 Year
- Mr. Christopher Treston, Trustee - 2 Year
- Mr. Robert Hellner, Trustee - 1 Year
Calendar of Events
Community Awareness Social Night
The Knights of Columbus of Council #13341 at Our Lady of the Angels Church will host a public service Community Awareness Family Night Social on Thursday, May 23 at the church hall, located at 12905 E. State Road 70, at the corner of White Eagle Boulevard, in Lakewood Ranch. The event will begin at 6:30 P.M..
Hurricane Season begins on June 1, and the primary focus of the event will be a talk on Hurricane Preparedness, put on by Kay and Mark Marcus, of the Lakewood Ranch Community Emergency Response team (C.E.R.T.). The C.E.R.T. team here in Lakewood Ranch has been active in recruiting and training volunteers from the community to assist their neighbors should an emergency event take place.
They will discuss family preparedness, whether or not to evacuate, what to consider if you want to shelter “in place”, and what other steps to take NOW to keep you and your family safe during an emergency such as a hurricane.
The second portion of the program will be a talk by Roger Brown of the St. Joseph Food Pantry, who will discuss the problem of hunger in our community, and how to help. The Knights at Our Lady of the Angels have, for some years, participated in collecting food donations at the church and transporting them to the Pantry for distribution to the hungry.